Thursday, July 7, 2011

Please. Go. Away

My guts churn
i feel my heart burn
looking at them one by one
things you said to her weigh a ton
each picture from NYC
looking at each other like you want to be
biting her, kissing her, holding her tight
i lay here alone with those image at night
the same words you say to me
word for word
but why when there are so many
why didn't you pick another
why do i even bother
she is gone and yet still here
makes no sense to me and my fear
"your smile and eyes melt me"
these words aren't as special anymore
could it be?
even though your done with her and only want me
why are the pictures still there
why keep sake the memories if it's over
why torment your now lover
"your the most amazing woman in the world"
perhaps more like one of many
does it matter
should i care
i try to shake it but i can feel the tear
of my soul and that heavy feeling
of having my heart smashed against the ceiling.
why should it matter
its all in the past
why does she keep them
the pictures to last?
she would have you now if you let her stay
this is why they are there
for me to stare
and lose my mind as if i care
please.
Go away
i turn my head and close my eyes
i think of another sunrise.
i flip through all the lovers i had
the words i have written inside my head
have i repeated myself or use the same words?
same pet names and tender exchanges?
i can't recall using the same
perhaps here i am to blame
for being so unique, original and thoughtful too
I'd never call you as i did my past boo
"oh it's so cold in this climate"
i feel I've lost the control and failed as a pilot
i guess I'll never understand why they have to be there
i don't know if you will ever see how it's all unfair

No comments: