Monday, October 10, 2011

Holding Out

He told me that his life had meaning to it now. A reason beyond materialism and success. I believed him. I was never happier. I never will be.

Fear takes over so quickly. As if money, logistics, career choices, all things man-made had anything to do with raw compassion and loyal love. Would he give up the soulmate because of difficultly annoying obstacles created by idiots and the distance between them only retire to an occasional fuck with no soulful connection...

Perhaps it's the fear to move on and grow in life. Start something new. Move away from what is familiar and built up around you. Do what you love but now with the one you love.

No... I can write forever. Spin it a million different ways. Truth is he knows all of it. Intelligence is nothing more than a word in his palm. Perhaps it not fear? Not change and progress. Perhaps it's just desire and effort. Does one desire to work hard for something amazing or will they settle for good enough.

I'd shovel shit til I die just to hold his hand until my last breath. Perhaps it's not successful, appealing, inspirational, nor attractive to most. Some will think it foolish to give up you ambitions for love. I have already made friends with reality and know that my ambitions and successes will never love me back. And if I should fall in love with my ego, I will still be alone. Humble and honest love is the most amazing gift. Sure it would be better to be successful and in love, but really does it work? Success and love? From my experience those that struggle together understand the worth of love. They have over come through hardship and lessons. Those that have it easy get bored and love to them is like that new car they get each year; Replaceable. It becomes nothing more than a tax benefit.

Why hold out? Why complicate that which is plain as day? Why complicate something so natural?

Cappuccino with two sugars in the raw please.





No comments: