Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Great Shutdown

There comes a moment when I feel so much, so strong, that I cannot hold it inside any longer. Not without help. A transferable median for my love. These moments happen rarely and might not ever present themselves again in my life, I realize this. Without that median for my transfer and reciprocation I have to withdraw into my icy cave. I am the ice queen: no heart, no pulse, just a pale beauty locked away in a castle made of frozen glass. An ornament is all I am and seek to be. Even drinking has no pleasure anymore. It stirs no emotion other than pain and rejection and I don't wish to feel anything anymore.

Perhaps one day you might stumble onto my castle gate and dare to enter it's frozen walls, turn on the lights and wake me. Take what has been given to you. Perhaps you will never think of my existence again? So I lay here, numb, expired, cold tears unknowingly trickle down my cheeks, as faint images of the ocean surf, warm beach sands, and snowy mountains fog up my tired mind. whoever you are...

I reach for the light switch.

Click.

Hello, it's me. I've come to see you again solitude and emptiness. This is my greatest shutdown.

No comments: