Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Boy with the Huskey

Another mundane day seemed to be unraveling. "Icky Thump" blasting in the car seemed to get my mood into a higher realm of life, I could have said I was happy at the moment just listening to Jack's sexy vocals. I put the left turn signal on at the main intersection that was nothing more than an average ill designed shopping plaza for dollar stores and quick marts that aren't open 24 hours.

While studying the red galvanized steel roof of the plaza I could only think that this light seemed to take forever. A huge Husky started crossing the road before me. In tow, the massive dog was walking his owner. A cute boy in his late 20's or early 30's, hipster garb on, knit hat, a slight beard and bright blue eyes. I'd bet there was a tattoo of some sort inked on under this cool dark green jacket. As the beautiful blue eyes beast continued to drag him in front of my car we made eye contact. I couldn't help but laugh at the site of this handsome man and his dog, and the total lack of control he had over the creature. He didn't stop looking at me. He passed my car and turned his body backwards to keep locked in. Now he was being dragged backwards. I was waiting for him to fall on his ass; he didn't. He made it safely to the other side of the street and stood there on the corner like a little boy watching fireworks. I pulled my car up a bit to get a better look at him. He was standing there and waving at me. Cute grin on his face and staring still. I knew i was turning some shade of pink on my face as i felt heat run up my cheeks. We stood there for a few second, gazes locking in intensely. A few long seconds ticked by like Meg's drum beats. It was a perfect moment. The shortest date I have ever been on, but nevertheless it was perfect. He was perfect, I was perfect. We said nothing and promised nothing.

The light turned green, I had to obey and turn even though I wanted to stand there for a few more moments to see if he had the balls to walk over and be ridiculous. To leave a number behind my windshield wipers and have some crazy Serendipity moment. Nah, we were both too cool and too proud. Maybe we'll run into each other at that cool hipster bar around the corner? Perhaps. This was more than enough, though. Looking in my rear view mirror, I could see him still standing there and watching my car drive away. I waved.

Thank you boy with the Husky.

No comments: