Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kick the Habit



It hurts getting punched in the heart
Pain throbs with every realization that those that use me are vile.
You are all the same: the cheaters, the liars, the players.
All of you; don't differ.
All of you; take what you want and leave fully aware of theft.
Why would you take something that is vulnerable and honest and beat it to a blood mess?
What kind of man are you?
Do feel like a man now? Feeling like a real man for putting another notch on the old bed post? Leaving another woman bitter.
You think a kiss on the forehead should do it? That you can walk away and it will all disappear? That women evaporate into thin air when you've had your fill. Convenient.
Or is it some hidden reason stemming from a pure secret intention not yet known? I doubt it. I highly doubt that a "When Harry Met Sally" moments exist in your mind. Maybe one day when the over processed bleach blond with a cheap over priced, C/LV/CC plastered all over her accessories leaves you, will you figure out she was a shallow barbie with an expensive degree? Or the over ambitious tramp cheats on you, like she did on her last guy, will you call me up and realize what you had? The Black Swan is what you boys want. It's always the Black swan.
Right, the one that was just a good honest person that loved with no strings attached, she isn't your cup of tea. It's the chase that excites your DNA.
Getting punched in the heart. It hurts.
Once again I am morally superior. Once again I look to the "paradoxical commandments". Once again I flip the off switch to my heart. Why have one anyway? Perhaps I need a new approach. I need to stop paying the electrical company and not just flip a switch.
I'm so out of your league anyway. Just look at me. Read what I write and look at all I am capable of. I am so far out of your league.

1 comment:

Jesus Harold Christ said...

I'm loving this picture of you. It reminds me of the 1980's disco-cocaine movement. I'm an ass.